According to the fantastic blog, Morrighan’s Muse, I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. I’ve never even won a prize at speech day when I was at school, so even being nominated for something as small as a Versatile Blogger Award is a great honour. when I first read my blog name on Morrighan’s blog, I had to quickly splash my face with water to make sure I wasn’t imagining it.
I didn’t even think this blog would get anywhere, but its been fun rambling on about books. If you want to nominate someone’s blog, then follow the simple steps below:
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- Inform them of their nomination via a comment on their blog.
- Post 7 interesting facts about yourself.
For the Versatile Blogger’s Award, I nominate:
2. jessicaminiermabe (I hope I spelt that right!)
13. Natasha Harmer
Trying to think up who to nominate was very difficult because I am followed by very talented bloggers. And here are the 7 facts.
1. I have 4 siblings: two sisters: Sophie and Isabelle, and two brothers: George and Hugo.
2. My camera is a Nikon L28 Coolpix – brought not for its quality (or lack of) as a camera, but because it was cheap.
3. I loved English at school, and I love to read. If you can read you can do anything. The book I have read most recently is Silence of the Lambs by Anthony Hopkins, I mean, Thomas Harris.
4. I started blogging on the suggestion of a (further education) college lecturer who suggested that I blog as evidence for any university applications I was going to do. This book blog came later. The first blogpost on this blog was for ‘Lady of the English’ by Elizabeth Chadwick.
5. My perfume staples are Touch of Pink by Lacoste and Sensuous by Estee Lauder.
6. My favourite author is probably Chekhov. If I could invite anybody to a dinner party, it would have to be him. He seemed to be such an interesting, yet tragic, person.
7. I used to waitress for a catering company on an ad-hoc basis but now I work in a card shop. I actually enjoy it, although I think the tills hate me.
Phew, well, that was harder than I thought. Still, it was fun thinking up all the facts. As far as I can see, this is just a bit of fun.